09 November, 2009

"your love calms my brambles"

Artemis and the Night


I pull one arm back,
The right,
And you see me focus
Then
An arrow lands
Exactly where I meant it to

That, I can do

If I look
Up
Even in the daytime
I know where you are

I can hear your footsteps
Thunder
On the pliant earth

Orion, I never meant this

There are things I couldn't say
Aloud, even to
The trees
But to you I could

To you I could say
Why I keep hunting
Or why no one can touch me

Things I could not tell
My brother

And now
You are distant points of light
And though I cannot speak to you,
Knowing it was my sting
That did you in,
Under you I still feel
Seen

I never meant this, Orion
Never meant to be
So far away
Or to leave you in space

But I am called back
In the night
To where that tiny speck in the center
Of the ocean
Still calls my name

No comments:

Post a Comment